ganesha



Lord Ganesha
Size: A4
Medium : Water Colour

What I love the most in watercolour is the flow of colors on wet surface(background).few drops of color gives a magic effect , I keep watching the drops taking their own direction forming a pattern on the rough surface, wow, which is the reason why i learned watercolor,which by the way  is the reason I stick to watercolor. Here I did the same with religious mind.
foreground:
This is my typical style of making Lord Ganesha,  "belly and laddoos" is a must in all my Shree Ganesha work, this is what first comes in my mind whenever in morning I pray to Lord Ganesha except that the fact that others focus more on elephant face. Have a look here, I tried playing with lights and shadows .
Its a rule in watercolour not to use black directly, i tried to obey the rule to find out how much beautiful the rule make it, i ave mixed dark with the original color to be used to give the shadow effect which come far better than showing shadows by  gradient use of black. lstly when everything is dried up i concentrated more on decorating mukut  with dots and lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment